Working with Orders
Orders in HostBill are stored under Order and Accounts -> Orders. Orders are automatically created by HostBill whenever a new order is placed (either form adminarea or clientarea). Orders can be placed by registered as well as by unregistered clients. Also, as an admin, you can place some orders manually through adminarea. All orders can be seen only by admins.
Order list overview
The Order list is presented as a table containing the following information:
- ID: It's a number which is assigned to an order once it's placed
- Order#: It's an individual number assigned to a given order.
- Client Name: It's name of client who has placed a certain order (or on whose behalf it has been placed by admin)
- Date: The date when the given order has been placed.
- Total: It's a sum of money client is obliged to pay for a given product/service
- Payment Method: It displays a payment method which has been chosen during placing the order and through which the payment is proceeded.
- Payment Status: It can be marked as Completed (green) or Incomplete (red) depending if payment has been received or not.
- Status: It's an order status. It can be marked as: Pending (red), Active (green), Cancelled (grey) or Fraud (black).
Here, you can also create a new order, as well as perform the following actions with selected orders:
- Accept: Once, you accept the order its status will be changed to Active
- Set Pending: Once, you use this tab the order will be marked as Pending.
- Cancel:: Once, you use this tab, the order will be cancelled.
- Delete: Here, you have possibility to delete a given order. It can be done in two ways: delete all order related data from HostBill and terminate accounts if any
or proceed a soft delete order - remove only from HostBill, not from the server
- More actions:
- Send message: Here, you can send a message or create a support ticket in order to contact a certain client
- Set as Fraud: If the order has been placed by mistake or it hasn't been paid for you can set such order as Fraud.
HostBill gives an opportunity to manage an already placed orders. The first step it's a general order data overview, which apart form the information described before, also include the following fields:
- Order IP:: It shows client's IP address (form which an order was placed.)Also, it can be banned by you right here.
- Referral:: If you activate an affiliate option, here you can assign an affiliate to the given order.
- Invoice:: It shows an invoice' s ID generated for the order
This part represents an item - product/service which has been ordered. Order items section includes information which is also visible in the main overview: billing cycle, amount and status. Here, the item's name is displayed - the name is clickable and once clicked it redirects to the related account or domain section. at the bottom, you can see the following tabs: Accept Order, Cancel Order, Send back to Pending, Set as Fraud and Delete Order.
Order life cycle is strictly connected with Order Scenarios. Order scenario allows you to set HostBill order processing steps to best suit your business model.You can choose and control which parts in order life cycle should happen automatically, and which require staff review. Each order page can have different scenario set.
Placing new order
Generally, orders are placed by clients throurh their Clientarea. However, as an admin you have possibility to Log as a particular client and place an order on his/her behalf. The other possibility for placing orders is doing it through Adminarea under Orders & Accounts -> Orders -> Create Order. Such ordering gives you possibility to use discounts and hisdden products that are not available globally.
New order overview
While placing a new order through Adminarea you will need to fill in a draft form, that later can be generated into invoice.
The New Order Draft contains the folloeing tabs:
- Draft ID: It an individual number which has been assigned to a draft.
- Discount: Here, you can provide an extra discounts for an order either by using promotional codes or custom discounts.
- Amount: The amount of money your client would need to pay for a given order
- Recurring: It is visible when the order has a recurring billing cycle.
- Payment method: It shows a payment gateway that is used during proceeding the payment
- Client: The client is chosen from the drop down list.
- Order Date: The date when the order has been placed.
- Additional options
- Send Confirm Email: If enabled HostBill will send a confirmation emial to client.
- Generate Invoice: If enabled HostBill will generate an invoice for the order.
- Send Invoice info to Client: If enabled HostBill will send an invoice info to client.
Below, you can see the second section: Order items. Here, the following information is included:
- Category: It shows products' category: Service or Domain
- Item: It dispalys the name of a product
- Settings: It shows eg. billibg cycle
- Amount: The amount client's obliged to pay for a given order.
Under this section you can see tabs that can perform described below actions:
- Save Draft:If you think that a draft is not ready or you will modify it in th near future you can save it and come back to it later.
- Revert Draft: Here. you can revert any changes that have been made.
- Delate Draft: Here, you can delate a given draft.
- Generate Order from this Draft: If you have finished creating th edraft you can generate Order. The order will appear under Orders&Accounts -> Orders
Add new item section is used for adding new items, which are divided into Services and Domains. Here, you can choose products that are availabe in your stock and add them to the order draft. Also, by using More products option and create a product/service especially for a particular client's requirements.
Order draft is a very useful tool. It gives possibility to create a 'rough' order which can be easly modified. As an admin you are able to provide discounts and extra products/services.